Laura Fetrow Real Estate

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Urban Cow Half Marathon - year two!!

Now that I can finally type using my fingers (every inch of my body is sore), I wanted to update on my half marathon I did this weekend. I ran the Urban Cow half in Sacramento for the second time. And it is confirmed that it is my favorite half to race. There are is a band almost every two miles singing and hyping you up, and then people lining the whole race cheering you on and encouraging you to keep going the long, long distance. Well, I did it. Though my time wasn't as good as last year, I'm okay with that.

It was all worth it coming in to the finish line to see my husband and my daughter holding a sign up for me saying "Way to go mama" and that sweet little face waving to me as I crossed the line. Made me cry. There is no greater feeling than completing a race and having your family to support you.

If any one is ever interested in running this race (which I highly recommend to be your first), check out
http://urbancowhalfmarathon.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment