Laura Fetrow Real Estate

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Facing the mountain

After the pain subsided, I’m now blogging about my first trail half-marathon experience. I loved it. It was challenging but mentally it kept me occupied the whole time. My mind continuously was racing to figure out which steps to take and things to avoid to prevent a long tumble down the mountain. It was cold when we started but it didn’t take long to warm up. It was nice being able to chat with fellow runners. Even made a few friends along the way. I’m definitely addicted to the trail running bug. But next time I go, I know to better prepare myself.
Things to keep in mind:
  1. Have water and snacks handy. There was a point I was very dehydrated and since there aren’t any refueling stations you need to come prepared with water and snacks for your run.
  2. Invest in good trail shoes. I ran in ordinary running shoes and you could feel every rock on my souls. Didn’t feel good. Trail shoes tend to have more tread and will grip better.
  3. Bring your camera. There were some amazing views I wish I had my camera for. If you aren’t running for time, take a few shots of your run for all your friends and family to see what you experienced.
  4. Have your family at the end of your race. Nothing is better than seeing familiar faces at the end cheering you on.
run

No comments:

Post a Comment