Laura Fetrow Real Estate

Friday, January 10, 2014

Another Day

So last night my skinny brother, who eats whatever he wants, wanted McDonalds for dinner. He got 2 double cheeseburgers and a small fry. We added up all the calories and it was over 1200. That’s without a soda which most people would have got with their meal.
I’ve noticed since going paleo my calorie intake is considerably lower than when I was eating carbs all day. On a regular basis I was eating 2400 calories a day. That was how much I was eating every single day!!!! And it didn’t take long for me to get to 2400. I would eat a bagel and a mocha every morning which was over 700 calories. I would have a few snacks during the day for at least 300 calories. For lunch I would get a sandwich with a bag of chips for another 700 calories. Then for dinner I would consume close to 500 calories at least and if the dish was really cheesy I would go for seconds so possibly more. Than treat myself to a candy bar for desert. Wow that is probably more than 2400 calories.
Anyhow…. I sorta been tracking how much I’m taking in now I’m doing paloe just more out of curiosity and I’ve been close to 1200-1300 calories. Not because I am restricting calories but because I’m eating until I’m satisfied and am much more satisfied sooner.
This is all good. No one needs 2400 calories a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment